Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB), is one of Nigeria’s largest and most well-known banks. The GTB transfer code, *737#, is a self-service provided by the bank that lets you transfer money from the bank to other banks in Nigeria.
The GTB transfer code or GTB mobile banking is a mobile platform that lets you transfer money from your account to another account in the same bank. Or you can transfer to any other bank in Nigeria without the need to visit any of the bank’s branches.
You cannot only transfer money but also pay utility bills, buy airtime, withdraw cash without your debit card, make inquiries, and get an airtime loan, just like MTN Xtrabytes.
This blog post will discuss the GTB transfer codes, their features, their benefits, etc. With this in mind, let’s dig in.
What Is a GTB Transfer Code
GTB transfer code, *737#, is a number that enables GTB customers to perform transactions conveniently from their mobile phones. This code is very easy to remember and use.
The process is so easy that you can transfer a lot of money with your cell phone in the blink of an eye. But there are charges at the end of the month, and you can only transfer a limited amount.
It allows you to buy airtime and data for yourself, your family, and your friends. You can also make inquiries, pay bills, and do other transactions on your phone.
You can buy up to 500,000 airtime with a GTB transfer code. This is to tell you how amazing all of this is. To make this work, you must dial the USSD short code *737# and set up your transfer PIN.
Benefits Of The GTB USSD Code
There are so many benefits attached to using the GTB USSD code. They include
- It provides convenience.
- It gives immediate value.
- It provides better money management
- With the USSD code, transactions are fast.
- It is simple, easy to use, and cheap.
- It works on all mobile phones.
- Does not require data or internet service for transactions.
GTB 737 Codes And Their Transaction Codes
Apart from using the *737# USSD code for making transfers, GTB has other codes that can be used for other transactions as seen in this table.
|737 Service||737 Code|
|Airtime (3rd Party)||*737*Amount*PhoneNO#|
|Transfers (Other Banks)||*737*2*Amount*Nuban#|
|Fast Track Deposit||*737*48*Amount*Nuban#|
|Cheque Book Status||*737*6*4#|
|Swift Network Subscription||*737*50*Amount*4#|
|Bills Payment Menu||*737*50#|
|Enable/Disable Account Balance on GeNs||*737*51*1#|
|Spend To Save||*737*51*24#|
|3rd Party Statement||*737*51*33#|
How To Transfer With GTB Code
Wondering how to transfer money from GTB? Transferring money to a GTB account or another bank account is one of the easiest things to do.
And it works if you use the same number you used to open your bank account and have a valid BVN linked to it.
Usually, the code *737# can be used for any transaction you want to make on your GTB account.
How To Transfer From GTB to GTB
If you intend to send money to another GTB user, use the code *737*1*Amount*Nuban#.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to transfer from gtb to gtb:
1. Dial the bank code for transfer, which is *737*1*, then the amount you want to send, the recipient’s NUBAN account number, and then #.
2. Press the send button.
3. Then, you will see a prompt on your screen on how to finish the process on your phone’s screen.
4. Enter your PIN for mobile banking to permit the transaction.
How To Transfer Money From GTB To Other Banks
GTB transfer code to another bank is *737*2*Amount*Nuban#. Here are the steps you need to take to transfer on GTB:
1. You should dial the code *737*2*amount*recipient’s account number# to send money from GTB to another bank account.
2. Press the “Send” button, and you’ll be told what to do next to complete the process.
3. Check the recipient details and the amount you want to send.
4. Enter your pin for mobile banking to permit the transfer.
How You Can Check Your Account Balance With The GTB Account Balance Code
By dialing *737*6*1# on your phone and entering the security code, you can know your GTBank account balance.
Your balance will either appear on the screen or be sent via SMS.
Not only does the GTB code make it easier to find out how much money is in your account, but you can also use this shortcode to know your account number and BVN.
How To Recharge Your Phone With The Code To Buy Airtime From GTB
You can use the GTB transfer code for airtime to top up your call credit or data subscription or even for a friend when you don’t have time to go out to buy a recharge card from a vendor.
- Use the code *737*Amount# to buy airtime for yourself.
- Use the code *737*Amount* phoneNo# to buy airtime for someone.
- To buy data from GTB for yourself or someone else, dial *737*4# and then follow the prompts to complete the transaction.
This GTB mobile transfer code can be used on any mobile network. It works if you use it with the phone number you registered when you opened your account. Once the mobile number is credited, you will be debited from your GTB account.
How To Register And Reset GTB Transfer PIN
Before using the GTB transfer code for any transactions, you must sign up for the service using the phone number linked to your GTB account.
Once you have a valid account number with GTB, it is easy and free to register for a USSD code.
How To Register For GTB USSD code
- Dial *737#.
- Choose option 5.
- Enter the last six numbers on your debit card.
- Create a 4-digit PIN.
- Confirm the four-digit PIN.
- Press send.
To secure the USSD service, you must create a 4-digit pin. For this, do the following:
- Dial *737*5#.
- Enter the last six numbers on your debit card.
- Then type your preferred 4-digit PIN.
To Reset Your GTB USSD PIN
If you forget your GTB 737 PIN and you need to do a reset, follow the steps below:
- Dial *737#
- Select option 7 to either create/ change your PIN
- Press “1.” If you have a valid debit card
- Type the last six digits of your Mastercard.”
- Enter your preferred PIN.
- If you don’t have a debit card, press “2.”
- Enter your account number
- Type in your date of birth
- Enter your preferred pin.
How You Can Activate Your GTB Transfer Code
With the GTB USSD code, you can transfer money and do many other things from your phone without going to the bank.
There are just a few easy steps you need to take to activate the GTB short code for transfer. Here is a guide on how to activate the GTB USSD code.
1. Insert your SIM card into your phone.
2. Then dial *737* to activate the GTB transfer code.
3. Next, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the activation process.
4. You will receive a message on your phone with the 10 digits of your NUBAN or bank account number.
5. Write down your bank account number in a safe place.
How You Can Deactivate Your GTB Transfer Code
If you decide to stop using the USSD code for some time, you can easily deactivate it.
Dial *737*51*74# on your phone. Type in your phone number for the account you want to blacklist. Then your profile for the USSD code with GTB will be automatically turned off.
If your phone gets stolen, you can still deactivate your profile for the GTB online transfer code service by dialing the given deactivation code from any phone.
Alternatively, you can follow these steps to deactivate your transfer code immediately:
1. Use your user ID and password to log in to GTB Internet Banking.
2. Click on “Self-Service.”
3. Click on deactivate USSD.
4. Choose “New Request” and select the account you want to deactivate.
5. Type in the answer to your secret question and click “Send Deactivation Code” to have the code sent to the email address and phone number you used to open the account.
6. Get the deactivation code and type it into the box to finish the deactivation process.
Also, you can opt to contact GTB customer care to deactivate your transfer code. To do that, follow the steps below:
1. Call +2348039003900 or +2348029002900.
2. Select the number for your preferred language.
3. Press “0” and stay on the line to talk to a customer care agent.
4. Once a customer representative picks, tell the agent you want to deactivate your USSD code.
5. After the authentication, the agent will deactivate your phone’s USSD feature.
You can also email [email protected] to have your phone’s USSD code self-service mobile banking deactivated.
1. Who Can Use The 737 USSD Service?
The GTB *737# USSD service can be used by all account holders and sole signatories with a mobile phone number linked to their bank account.
2. Is *737# Allowed On All Networks?
Yes, MTN, AIRTEL, GLO, and ETISALAT all offer this service.
3. What Is The Maximum Transfer Limit On GTB 737?
The most you can transfer on GTB 737 each day is N20,000. This applies to both GTB customers as well as other banks.
The GTB transfer code *737# is important for anyone with an account in GTB. Once you know how to use it, you will not have to wait long hours in the bank just to find out something as simple as your account balance.
We hope this article has been able to explain all you need to know about the GTB transfer codes.