Gotv is a popular decoder in Nigeria. Most times it becomes challenging to reset the Gotv decoder.
If you are experiencing such difficulty on how to reset the Gotv decoder, then keep reading.
Once you subscribe to a GOTv decoder, your decoder will automatically start working. But sometimes, it doesn’t come that way because of how their system works, and the decoder won’t turn on itself.
After you subscribe, it is possible to get errors like errors E16 and error E30. If you notice this error, turn off your GOTV decoder and then turn it back on.
Errors like “E16” mean that the device has lost power, while “E30” means that your Gotv decoder doesn’t have a signal or has been off for a long time.
If you’ve been having trouble activating your GOTV decoder, don’t worry. This article has all the information you need to activate your GOTV decoder if it doesn’t do it automatically.
See also: How to take off the target security tag
What Is GOtv Decoder Reset
By resetting a Gotv decoder, the settings are put back to what they were at the factory.
After you reset your decoder, all the information on it will be lost, and you’ll have to rescan your channels to keep watching the shows.
Why you should return your decoder to factory settings
Here are some reasons why you may need to reset your Gotv decoder:
- Resetting your decoder helps get rid of error codes.
Error codes show up due to various reasons. You don’t have to call a technician or customer service representative to fix these errors if you reset your decoder to factory settings.
- Makes your Gotv decoder work smoothly.
- Your decoder’s navigation becomes stable, allowing you to add new updates.
- It lets you use new Gotv features, such as a guide to the schedule and self-service.
How To Reset The GOtv Decoder Online
So you do not have to use your phone alone to reset your GOTV; you can also do it automatically through the internet.
- Go to the address eazy.gotvafrica.com.
- Make sure that Nigeria is the country you choose.
- Enter your accurate login details.
- Input your name, phone number and Identification User Code (IUC) number correctly.
- You will see a set of options. Choose ‘Clear your error’.
- Then select ‘reset device now’.
How To Use Your Phone To Reset The GOtv Decoder
You can easily reset GOtv with your cell phone. Here’s how to do it:
- First, send an SMS to the number 4688 that says, “Reset *your IUC number*.” Your IUC is a very important code that tells people who you are and has the serial number for your decoder. You can find it on the bottom of your decoder or somewhere else.
- You can also use the quick codes *423# or *288*1# on any mobile network in Nigeria. This is another easy way to do it. You will soon talk to a customer service rep.
Steps To Reset The GOtv Decoder
Follow these steps to put the Gotv decoder back to the way it was when it was made:
1. Hook up a TV.
2. Plug the decoder into a source of electricity and turn it on.
3. Wait until the decoder is done starting up.
4. Turn on your Gotv decoder. Press the “Help” button on your remote when your screen comes up. It’s at the bottom of the remote control.
5. The Gotv decoder Menu will show up on your screen.
6. Click “Options for advanced users.”
7. Pick “Installation” and hit “Enter.”
8. Now, choose “Reset” and hit “Enter.”
9. Your decoder will immediately return to its original settings and start up again.
After the reset, you’ll need to rescan the channels.
These steps will work if you have trouble activating or resetting your GOTv. However, even if it doesn’t work, you can call their customer service number at 08039044688.