Are you here to learn how to create MTN transfer pin with ease? If yes, then you are at the right place.
MTN is one of Nigeria and Africa’s most popular mobile network providers. It allows millions of Nigerians to enjoy the benefits of living in the modern world.
One of the benefits their subscribers enjoy is sharing airtime with friends and family via airtime transfer.
This service is known as Share and Sell. It lets you send or transfer airtime from one mobile number to the other for free. With this service, you can also sell airtime.
Even though the MTN share and sell service is free, there are still some procedures you must follow to checkmate fraud. This includes creating an MTN transfer pin code which you will input every time you want to share airtime on MTN.
This article will explore how to create MTN transfer pin and the steps to follow when you want to transfer airtime to another MTN number. Hence, keep reading.
How To Register For The MTN Transfer Pin (Share and Sell)
To share airtime on MTN, you need to know how to activate the Share and Sell services. Before using this service, you must be a new or existing prepaid or postpaid customer on the MTN network.
This means you must have an MTN SIM card that has been registered. The sim card must also be inserted into an active mobile phone.
The share and sell service comes with a default pin which is 0000. You need to change the default pin to your personalised four-digit code to activate the Share and Sell service on the MTN sim.
To change the default pin, send an SMS to 777. The SMS should contain the default PIN, followed by your new pin typed twice. For example, send an SMS to 777 with “0000 1234 1234.”
You can also change it via a USSD code. Dial *777, followed by the default pin and your new pin twice. For example, dial *777*Default PIN*New PIN*New PIN#.
Click on send or press OK. For example, dial *777*0000*1234*1234#, then click send or press OK.
You can also dial *600*Default PIN*New PIN* and send this message to change or activate your new transfer PIN code. Dial *600*0000*1234*1234#, for example, and then send/OK.
You will receive an SMS that says you have successfully changed your PIN. You can now use SMS or USSD to send airtime to your family, friends or customers.
How To Transfer MTN Airtime Using SMS
You can also transfer airtime to other MTN users via SMS. To use the MTN Share and Sell service via SMS, follow this simple guide:
- Send an SMS to 777 with the word “transfer,” followed by the number of the recipient, the amount, and the PIN. For example, “Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234.”
- You’ll get a text message asking you to confirm that you want to transfer or send airtime.
- Send another SMS to 777 with the word “YES”. This will confirm the transaction. Using the MTN Share and Sell code.
How To Transfer MTN Airtime Using The USSD Code.
This option is more straightforward and is available to subscribers who may not want to use the SMS option. However, if you decide to use the USSD code, simply follow the steps below:
- Dial *777*recipient’s number*amount*PIN# on your mobile phone, then send or press OK. For example, dial *777*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send OK.
- Once the transfer is successful, you will get an SMS telling you that the transfer is successful.
MTN Transfer (Share and Sell) Facts You Should Know
As an MTN user who intends to use the airtime transfer service, there are certain facts you should know about the service. They are as follows:
- First, using this service to share airtime doesn’t have additional charges. It is completely free.
- You can only transfer airtime in Naira and not fractions like kobo. For example, you can share 50.00 Naira but not 50.99.
- The least amount you can send in one transaction is 50 Naira, and the maximum amount you can send is 5,000.
- There is no limit to how many transactions you can perform in a single day. However, you will get an error message if you don’t have enough airtime on your prepaid account to cover the amount you want to transfer.
- The airtime transfer will not be successful. If you have a postpaid plan, you can only transfer airtime when your account balance is positive. You can’t use this service if your account balance is less than 300.
Conclusion: How To Create MTN Transfer Pin
With the MTN Share and Sell service, you or your loved ones can send and receive airtime from each other.
Ensure you follow the steps listed on how to create MTN transfer pin above carefully, and you can enjoy this service.
We hope you found this post helpful.