If you’re looking for a way to get popular on Instagram, get started with Instagram Stories for business, this guide will tell you everything you need to know. Learn how to create the perfect story and the rules of using “Stories” in 2022.
What are Instagram Stories?
Instagram Stories is a newer feature that allows users to share posts that disappear after 24 hours. It was introduced as an alternative option to Snapchat, which introduced stories a few years before (and has since been surpassed by Instagram).
Instagram Stories is a new feature on Instagram where you can get popular on Instagram by sharing fun, short videos in real-time with friends and followers. This isn’t just for fun, as it can be an efficient way to promote your business or product.
By creating content on Instagram Stories, you will get to show people what your company does in an engaging, visual way that many of the best social media posts never do. You’ll also maximize the amount of exposure and reach you’ll have over a short period of time by sharing stories across all platforms instead of just one at a time.
Here’s how to Get Started With Instagram Stories for Business:
1. Create a Story:
To create a story on Instagram, tap the gray bar at the bottom right of your account. From there it’ll have options on how to share with your friends (as well as some new variations) in order to gain a wider reach.
2. Add More Stickers, Pins, and Boomerangs to Your Stories:
A few of the newer features added with Instagram Stories are “Stickers,” “Pins,” and “Boomerangs.” They work much like other apps, but will only stay live for 24 hours from when you originally published them. You can make up to 20 per story.
3. Use Product Stickers To Promote Specific Products on Instagram Stories:
Create a sticker template containing your product in the center of the frame. Add lettering like “new”, “sale”, or “free shipping”. Set the background to an image of your products in front of engaging scenery or an aesthetically pleasing graphic design. Highlight features like dimensions, materials, or color on stickers so viewers can find what they are looking for when scrolling through their Instagram stories feed.
4. Make It a Live Video:
If you want your story to show up on your profile, simply tap the circle icon at the bottom left of the screen and select “Start Live.” Once you’re live, you’ll be able to see how many people are watching your story (above). You can also use Instagram video downloaders to download your videos.
5. Use Instagram Stories Highlights:
Use the short videos and photos that you capture with Instagram Stories closely to share your story. This is a great way to create engagement on your feed, as well as start conversations with followers and develop a following. Posting video cuts down on the friction of platform posting, so you can focus more on marketing yourself or your brand with other content in order to gain wider reach.
6. Employ Instagram Stories Ads:
Instagram is one of the biggest social media platforms in the world, and it has been increasingly popular among businesses. Instagram Stories are especially high-performing advertisements because they can be linked to your website or a blog post on your company’s blog. They also do not require a big budget or time investment on your part: you don’t have to create an ad like you would with YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, or Google Plus.
7. Promote Timely News on Instagram Stories:
Promoting your latest blog post, video, or other timely news on Instagram Stories is a great way to get your company in front of an audience that may not be following your account. Seeing you care will make them feel more engaged with you and less like a customer.
1. Register your business with the Instagram business center to enable features such as Live, Stories, and account management for your company profile.
2. Implement how-to content and lifestyle posts to help drive awareness for your brand.
3. Encourage your audience to tag their friends via geotagging.
4. Use Instagram hashtags in your Stories to help reach a broader audience, and because some have already been used in the past.
5. Consider adding location-based or time-sensitive information to your Instagram Stories through on-demand geofilter creation.
6. Send out survey questions and call-to-action (CTA) prompts from your business profile to better understand who is watching and what they want from you.
7. Create quick polls in advance, such as “Which flavor do you like better?” or “Who will win the big game?” so you have them already prepared for use in your story content when the time comes.
In conclusion, if you’re a business owner with a blog, Instagram is a great place to start. With so many posts taking place on Instagram stories, your story will stand out if you show people what they can’t get anywhere else. You’ll have a chance to have creative control of your posts and not be restricted by using the hashtag in all of them! The community on Instagram is also very fostering and willing to help beginners like yourself. It’s definitely worth trying out for any type of business.