Investors, small or big, are showing interest in cryptocurrencies these days. They have found it as a new source of investment ever since the first cryptocurrency was launched way back in 2009.
After the initial hiccups, cryptocurrencies have grown at a break-neck speed, giving investors handsome returns by purchasing and selling them at the right time. With the growth of cryptocurrency, many trading platforms have come up, giving their best services to the customers.
Hackers are also not lagging, and they have found various ways to hack into the accounts of the users and clean the accounts. Hence finding a safe trading breakthrough is paramount. Although people trust the best cryptocurrency apps like bitcoin circuit software and alike, one should always learn to protect their wallets and the keys.
The Tips Of Protecting Your Account
CONTINUE READING BELOW
It may be worth mentioning that nothing is physical in cryptocurrency. Unlike traditional investments, everything is virtual for this digital gold, and one does not get any physical documents. Therefore protecting the wallet the private and public keys is of utmost importance.
Safeguarding Your Wallet And Keys
A wallet is created after creating an account in the best crypto exchange of your choice. This wallet contains all the transactions one makes while trading with cryptocurrencies. One can choose between the custodial wallet and the non-custodial wallet.
While the trading platform controls custodial wallets and has private keys, non-custodial wallets are self-controlled, and the private keys are with the account holder. The responsibility of the wallet and the private keys are of the investor, and the trading platform does not interfere.
The best way to keep your keys and wallets secure is to use a cold wallet that does not require any internet connection. Thus, they are safe from hacking attacks. It is also best to store the private keys in the cold wallet and prevent cyber attacks. The keys and the wallets are of the most significant importance while trading in cryptocurrencies, and let us discuss a few tips to safeguard them.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Having Multiple Wallets – There is no limitation on the number of wallets. Use one wallet to do transactions, keeping the other wallets secured with the cryptocurrencies and their keys.
- Have Secured Internet Connection – Always avoid using public WIFI networks as they can breach your internet security. Create a VPN and use it while you trade or juggle with your wallets. It helps to keep away the hackers and also maintains your anonymity.
- Change The Password At Regular Intervals: One should always change the password on the trading account. Do not keep the same passwords for other accounts or IDs as they are typical for easy remembrance. If you have multiple wallets, it is best to use separate passwords for each of them. It is always advisable to choose a strong password, making the account safe from breach attempts.
- Keep The Personal Devices Updated – The computer or the tab you use should have genuine and updated software. The antivirus system should be regularly updated to avoid vulnerabilities and malware. Activate the firewall settings so that hackers cannot break into your computer system and get hold of your data.
- Beware of Emails from Unknown IDs or Spams– Phishing is one of the great tools for hackers. They often almost imitate some emails id’s known to you with some changes here and there that get unnoticed. Read the email id of the sender carefully before opening the mails. They can be phishing emails having unknown or suspicious links. Avoid clicking those links.
- Store Your Private Keys Securely – You must keep the password or private key safe. You can store this key on a USB device. The private keys are long and complex. If you need to use the private keys, connect your computer with the USB device, use it, and then disconnect the USB device. With this method, you can keep your private keys safe and secured.
Following the above tips and tricks, one can safely juggle their investments on the best trading platform. Ensure to transact with complete security while purchasing, storing, or selling your desired cryptocurrencies. Keep away hackers from your network and trade safely to reap financial benefits.