During the holiday season, your holiday decorations are the most amazing thing in the world! But outside the season, they can be a bit of a nuisance. So where should you store your holiday decorations?
There are a few key things to consider when deciding where to store your holiday decorations:
- First, think about what kind of space you have available. If you have a lot of extra space in your home, then you can probably store your holiday decorations just about anywhere. But if space is limited, then you’ll need to be more selective about where you put them.
- Second, consider how often you use your holiday decorations. If you only pull them out once a year, then it doesn’t make sense to keep them in a place that’s easy to access. On the other hand, if you use them frequently, then you’ll want to store them somewhere that’s easy to get to.
- Third, think about how long you plan on keeping your holiday decorations. If you only use them for a few years and then replace them, then it doesn’t matter as much where you store them. But if you plan on holding onto them for a long time, then you’ll want to choose a storage option that will keep them safe and in good condition.
Some common storage options for holiday decorations include:
- Plastic storage bins: These are great for storing holiday decorations because they’re durable and easy to stack. Plus, most plastic storage bins have lids, which helps keep dust and critters out.
- Cardboard boxes: Cardboard boxes are a cheaper option than plastic storage bins, but they’re not as durable. They’re also more difficult to stack, so if you go with this option, be sure to label the boxes so you know what’s inside.
- Attic: If you have an attic, that’s a great place to store holiday decorations. Just be sure to put them in plastic storage bins or cardboard boxes so they don’t get damaged by the heat or humidity.
- Basement: Like the attic, the basement is a great place to store holiday decorations. But again, be sure to use plastic storage bins or cardboard boxes to protect them from the elements.
- Closet: A closet is another good option for storing holiday decorations. Just be sure to choose a spot that’s out of the way so you don’t have to move them every time you need to get to something else.
No matter where you decide to store your holiday decorations, be sure to put them away clean and dry. And if you’re using plastic storage bins or cardboard boxes, be sure to label them so you know what’s inside. That way, when it comes time to decorate again, you’ll be able to find everything easily.
Most Popular Holiday Decorations
Now that you know where to store your holiday decorations, it’s time to start shopping! But what should you get? Here are some of the most popular holiday decorations:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Christmas trees: Real or fake, Christmas trees are a must-have for the holidays. Just be sure to get one that’s the right size for your space.
- Lights: String lights are a great way to add some extra sparkle to your holiday decor. You can use them to wrap around your tree, line your mantle, or even string them across the ceiling.
- Ornaments: Ornaments are a great way to personalize your tree and make it unique. You can find them in just about any style, from traditional to trendy.
- Stockings: Hang stockings by the fireplace or on a staircase for a classic holiday look. Be sure to get one for each member of the family, and don’t forget to stuff them with goodies!
- Wreaths: Wreaths are a great way to decorate your front door or any other space in your home. You can find them in all sorts of styles, from traditional evergreen wreaths to more festive ones adorned with ribbon and lights.
With so many great holiday decorations to choose from, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. But with a little planning and some careful shopping, you can find the perfect pieces to make your home holiday-ready.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How to Pack Holiday Decorations Properly
When you start packing up your holiday decorations, it’s important to do it correctly. That way, you can be sure that everything will arrive at its destination safely and in one piece. Here are some tips for packing holiday decorations:
- Use the right materials: When packing holiday decorations, be sure to use the right materials. Cardboard boxes are great for lightweight items like string lights and ornaments. For heavier items, like Christmas trees and wreaths, plastic storage bins are a better option. Make sure everything is packed properly so you avoid pests and termites.
- Label everything: Be sure to label all of your boxes and storage bins so you know what’s inside. That way, you won’t have to open them all up to find what you’re looking for.
- Make a list: Before you start packing, make a list of all the holiday decorations you need to pack. That way, you can be sure you don’t forget anything.
- Pack ahead of time: Don’t wait until the last minute to start packing up your holiday decorations. Start a few weeks before you plan to move, and pack a little bit each day. That way, you won’t be overwhelmed and you’ll have plenty of time to get everything done.
Packing up your holiday decorations doesn’t have to be a hassle. With a little planning and some careful packing, you can be sure that everything will arrive at its destination safe and sound.
CONTINUE READING BELOW