So you need a PayPal account in Nigeria to receive and send money? But you do not know how to create a Paypal account that actually functions in Nigeria. Don’t worry; I’ve been there, and that’s why I’m here to help you.
Most Nigerians who work remotely keep researching good ways to receive their salary from their foreign employers. Keep reading now that there’s a solution for you.
Before I continue, let me shed some light on PayPal.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is an electronic payment system that allows people to send and receive money. This payment system allows people to complete online transactions while sharing no personal information, such as credit card numbers or bank account details. The company also offers a digital wallet for storing funds and paying for goods and services online.
If you want to create a PayPal account in Nigeria to receive and send money, you need to know that there are two types of PayPal accounts you can own: personal and business accounts.
- Business account:
PayPal Business Account offers a range of features for businesses to manage their business finances, including invoicing, expense management, and much more.
- Personal account:
A PayPal Personal Account is designed for personal use only. Personal accounts are free to set up and offer a wide range of features that can help you manage your personal finances, send or receive money with friends or family, shop online, pay bills online, get paid from your side hustle (or other sources), and more!
Now, let’s talk about the requirements needed to create a PayPal account in Nigeria to receive and send money. If you don’t currently have a PayPal account, it is necessary that you create one so you can enjoy their services, such as shopping online and sending money to anyone, anywhere in the world.
Requirements to create a PayPal Individual Account in Nigeria
To create a PayPal personal account in Nigeria, you must meet the following requirements:
- It is necessary for you to provide your name. It must be your legal name, as it appears on your birth certificate and other official documents.
- Your email address
- A strong password is essential.
- A debit or credit card is required. They accept only Visa and MasterCard as forms of payment. You can’t use verve.
- It will be necessary to know your mailing address.
The requirement to open a PayPal Business Account in Nigeria
To register a PayPal business account in Nigeria, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your first and last name. It has to be your full legal name in order to be accepted.
- Your company’s name If you wish to open a business account, you should have a legally registered business name, unless you are a freelancer or a sole proprietor.
- It will be necessary to provide information about your company.
- Your government-issued photo identification card. But an international passport would be a better option.
- Email address that is valid
- Phone number
With the brief information about PayPal’s personal account and business account out of the way, let me teach you how to create a PayPal account in Nigeria to receive and send money.
Many websites do not explain that if you open a random PayPal account in Nigeria, it doesn’t really work. When you follow the generic format, you won’t be able to receive money from international clients. You’ll only be able to get money on your PayPal account by transferring money from your local bank account to your PayPal account.
So if you really need a PayPal account that functions, then this short tutorial is for you.
How to create a PayPal account in Nigeria to receive and send money
- Open your web browser and type https://paypal.com/za into the address bar, which will set South Africa as your country of residence.
- Fill in the essential fields and confirm that you are not a robot by clicking on the button below.
- You will now be directed to a page where you can input your information.
- You can use your national ID number to verify yourself. Your national ID number is a 13-digit number that has the following format: YYMMDD (and 7 digits that follow). For example, 0205211234567.
- You will need to fill in more information, such as your province, city, zip code, or postal code. You can find the rest of the information by searching on Google for “South Africa city, zip code, or postal code.”
- Your phone number code would be in the following format: +27, followed by 11 digits after that. Don’t change the area code.
- The process is complete, and you now have access to your South African PayPal account. However, please keep in mind that you cannot verify your PayPal account using your phone number; you can only do so using your email address.
Don’t rejoice just yet! To withdraw your money from the new Paypal account, you need to get a card called an AfriCard. UBA provides you with the ability to withdraw money from your Paypal account through UBA ATM’s AfricCard.
This is amazing because it lets you purchase items from the internet or withdraw money from your account into your local bank account, but that’s not all the benefits this card possesses.
Here are the benefits of having a UBA AfriCard:
- You can buy everything from any online store with no problems
- You may get UBA Africard in Nigeria without a UBA account
- No accounts are linked to the card
- It can validate PayPal accounts in Nigeria and activate PayPal’s key features
- You can get it within minutes of requesting it
- UBA stated you can use the card at over 30 million retail establishments worldwide
- Useful with UBA mobile banking
How to get your UBA AfriCard:
- Walk into any UBA bank and request an AfriCard at the customer care stand
- The customer care staff will ask you for utility bills(PHCN bill) and your national ID card or passport.
- You will be asked what type of AfriCard you want. There are four types:
- UBA Nigeria NGN Local High
- UBA Nigeria NGN Local Low
- UBA Nigeria NGN International High
- UBA Nigeria NGN International Low
4. Fill in the form they give you
5. Once you receive your card, just walk to the nearest ATM and activate it like you would your normal ATM card.
Creating a PayPal account in Nigeria to receive and send money is very easy, besides, I’ve tried this method before and it works pretty well, so it’s time to try it again.