Table of Contents
- 1 Requirements for working in the USA
- 2 Easy jobs in USA for Nigerians
- 3 Job application procedure in the United States
- 4 Companies that offer easy-to-get jobs in USA
- 5 The Basic Minimum Wage for Jobs in USA
There are lots of jobs in USA that you can easily get as a Nigerian. All that you need is the right information on how to get any of these jobs. Working in the US may sound so adventurous and enticing but is requires thorough preparation that starts with a successful application.
Requirements for working in the USA
As a Nigerian, there are basic requirements that you must meet in order to be eligible to work in the USA. The number one basic requirement is that you must have a work permit visa. There is no way you will be allowed to take on a job in the US without your work permit.
You can apply for this work permit at the US embassy in Nigeria. Once you have this work permit, then you are legally eligible to work in the USA.
Related Article: Jobs in Belgium That Nigerians Can Easily Get
Easy jobs in USA for Nigerians
Depending on your qualification, there are jobs you can easily get in the US as a Nigerian. Below is the list of the jobs and the qualifications needed:
1. Easiest jobs that you can get with bachelor’s degree or higher
As a bachelor’s degree holder, below are the jobs that you can easily get in the US.
- Computer and information systems manager
- Software developer
- Health services manager
- Business or operations manager
- Personal financial advisor
- Elementary or secondary school teacher
- Marketing specialist
2. Easiest jobs that you can get with college diploma or Associate degree
As a Nigerian with a college diploma or associate degree, here are the jobs in USA that you can get with ease:
- Diagnostic medical sonographer
- Occupational therapy assistant
- Web designer
- Physical therapy assistant
- Licensed practical nurse (LPN)
- Computer user support specialist
- Cardiovascular technologist
- Truck driver
- Medical assistant
- Dispensing optician
- Automotive mechanic, etc.
3. Easiest jobs you can get in US with no college education
If you don’t have any college degree, there are still lots of jobs for you in the United States. Some of these easy to get jobs include:
- Construction laborer
- Customer service representative
- Office clerk
- Landscaping or grounds keeping worker
- Security guard
- Restaurant cook
- Retail sales person
- Bartender, etc.
You might also like: Jobs in Germany That Nigerians Can Get in a Heartbeat
Job application procedure in the United States
In US, the internet is the major source of vacancies and information regarding job applications. You should search services like LinkedIn and Craigslist as both can be vital in your job search. It is important that you avoid job search services that charge you a fee. Most of the reputable job search services are free of charge.
Companies that offer easy-to-get jobs in USA
Here are some of the organizations that are known to offer easy-to-get jobs:
- Advantage Solutions
- Starwood Hotels and Resort
- United Health Group
- Walmart, etc.
The Basic Minimum Wage for Jobs in USA
The different states in the United States have different fixed minimum wage. Although, on a more average note the minimum wage goes at approximately $7.25 per hour.
Thanks for reading. Leave us a comment below with your thoughts.