When the professor- does not have time to thoroughly investigate all of the projects submitted by the students, he or she focuses on the introduction and conclusions. If the tasks set in the introduction are not solved in the conclusion, the teacher will conclude that the student has not done a good job. To prevent this from happening, you need to figure out how to correctly write the conclusion in the term paper.
What is a conclusion in a term paper?
During the entire period of study at the university, students submit at least three to five-term papers on specialized subjects. Each of them, as a rule, consists of three main parts: the introduction, the main part, and the conclusion.
Writing the third part is one of the important stages of research. In it, the student must succinctly state the essence of the analysis:
- Present the theoretical material in the form of theses.
- List the activities carried out.
- Cite the results of the work done.
- Evaluate whether the goal and objectives of the project have been achieved.
- Summarize the conclusions.
- For most teachers, it is a meaningful conclusion that is a clear confirmation of the quality and effective work of the student on the term paper.
How to write the conclusion to a chapter of the term paper
If you need to summarize the conclusion to the paragraph, it is enough one paragraph. To summarize the chapter, you will have to write a conclusion that covers the information in all the preceding paragraphs.
When summarizing each chapter, you should mention the results of solving the problems given in the paragraphs or points of this section. It is desirable to devote one paragraph to each paragraph. Sometimes it is advisable to number the conclusions – this will make it easier to find the answer to an individual question.
Since each paragraph already has a brief conclusion of the research at the end, it is easy enough to formulate a general conclusion for the chapter. Sometimes you can limit yourself to paraphrasing the finished text, reducing the conclusion to one page if necessary. If you have difficulties with the execution you can always think about whether the writer of the service can write my essays by essayassistant.net for a good grade?
How to write a conclusion to the whole paper
There are different approaches to preparing a conclusion. Some students carefully reread the finished paper to select the most important information and supporting data from the tables. Careful proofreading allows not only writing the final part of the paper, but also eliminating possible spelling, stylistic, or logical mistakes.
Other students prefer to justify in the conclusion the relevance of the issue, argue the choice of goals for the project, and list the problems solved.
Whichever approach is chosen, it is necessary to decide where to start preparing the conclusion. As a rule, the process is facilitated by the following algorithm of actions:
Remind yourself of the tasks set in the introduction to the project. Determine which of them succeeded in solving, and which did not.
Allocate the theoretical and practical part of the term paper with all the main points. Brief conclusions will be the basis for writing a summary. Present the collected information in a summarized form, but focus on the data obtained during the study. There is no need to repeat the results in detail.
Mention whether the goal was achieved, or whether the hypothesis was confirmed. List the difficulties that accompanied the study, the problems identified, and the successes achieved. Even if the hypothesis is not confirmed, this does not diminish the importance of the analysis.
The results should be described briefly. Particular attention should be paid to justifying the practical value of the work. A concise discussion of the academic potential and promise of the project is also recommended.
Template phrases and clichés
It is common in the scientific community to use standard clichés and phrases that introduce the reader to the final section of a research project. As you move to the conclusion, use introductory words like “thus,” “therefore,” and “so”. In addition, a list of phrases will come in handy:
- the research conducted leads to the following conclusion…;
- the relevance of the study consists of…;
- in conclusion, it should be noted…;
- in the course of the analysis revealed the following patterns…;
- the results of the research showed that….;
- as follows from the above…;
- summarizing the results obtained.
The use of such formulations will give professionalism to the coursework. But these recommendations are rather conditional because the choice of phrases depends on the subject of the project and the discipline. Thus, future historians and engineers will write completely different conclusions to their works.
Major mistakes when writing the conclusion
As practice shows, the following types of mistakes are most often found in the final part of the term papers:
- Personal pronouns. Saying “I have concluded,” the student, not wishing to do so, can play down the role of the supervisor, who supervised the study. And it is desirable to avoid the pronouns “we”. Instead, use impersonal sentences: “During the study, it was found”.
- Superfluous information. The conclusion should focus only on a summary of the entire paper.
- Lack of important data. From each paragraph and chapter, you need to conclude, otherwise, their mention seems inappropriate.
- Lack of logical connection with the introduction. Since the first part outlines the objectives, goals and formulates a hypothesis, all of this should be covered in the conclusion.
- Verbatim use of formulations from the main part. The text should at least be paraphrased.
To write a good conclusion, you need to allocate enough time to it. You will get through this task much faster if you allocate your time and effort adequately.
How to write a conclusion
All blocks of the template should be presented in a logical sequence. To increase the credibility of the material presented, use figures and facts. The conclusion should be written on separate sheets. The list of sources, as well as appendices, if they are used, follow the final part.
Use examples to make a proper conclusion.
If you still have questions about the design of the term paper, ask your supervisor, he will be happy to show you a sample of a good conclusion. You can’t be sure that fellow students will give qualified advice.
Writing the conclusion seems a difficult task only at first glance. If the introduction and the main part are ready, making a logical conclusion is not so difficult. We can even say that the introduction – is a template for the drafting of the final part, which should be supplemented by a conclusion.
Still, do not underestimate the role of this section. The high-quality conclusion will help to get a higher score for the defense, while a careless approach will spoil the impression of the work done.